Sunday, December 2, 2012

Target/Neiman Marcus Collaboration Holiday 24 Haul

Hello loves and Happy December!!

On December 1st, Target and Neiman Marcus launched a holiday collection that would be available at both stores for a limited time. This holiday collection features more than 50 items includes clothing, accessories and goods for the home that are designed by 24 top designers like Tory Burch, Jason Wu, Thom Browne, Judith Leiber, Carolina Herrera, Derek Lam, Diane von Furstenber, Marchesa and many more. The items that were created by these designers were offered online and in Target and Neiman Marcus stores starting at 8 a.m. I've known about the collabo for about a month and half now and couldn't wait for the day to come.


Prior to the launch, I went online to preview what they had and knew what I wanted and created a wish list.


Eddie Borgo Accent BoxCarolina Herrera Travel BagOscar de la Renta ToteBand of Outsiders Hats (Set of 2)Marc Jacobs Scarf
The night before the launch, I went to my local Target and asked one of employees what time I got get there for the launch  She said to insure that I got what I wanted, she would recommend me to be there at 7am because what she had experience with the Missoni for Target launch. Taking her advice, I got to Target at 7am and I was the only one there - well me and the employees. I was bit saddened that I didn't sleep-in but I toughed it out and stayed there waiting for them to open. Around 7:30am, the line started to form and when I looked behind me (since I was the first one in line;-)), the line got really long.



When they finally open the doors, we all rushed to the back (except for the girl in the white sweater. She had no clue about the launch was only coming to get a sweatshirt lol) to grab what we wanted. Within minutes, a lot of the items were sold out because they let you grab up to 5 of the same item. But learning from their experience with the Missoni collection, Target had their employees restock the shelves as soon as an item was gone.

I have to admit that I was very excited about the collection but when I saw the price tags on some of the items, I couldn't bring myself to spend that much money on them. In my eyes, they weren't justifiable purchases. All the pieces were beautiful but I had to put a lot of things back and only walked away with these items:
Proenza Schouler Sweatshirt ($29.99)

I am a huge fan of Tory Burch and fell in love the print. It's fun and playful!



I have to admit that I wasn't really impressed with this collection. I was expecting to be wowed but felt a little bit disappointed. I do plan on going back to check what is left and to see if any of the items that were on my wishlist were added to the clearance shelf:).

Did any of you guys participate in the Target/Neiman Marcus crazyiness? If so, tell me what you got:)!

XOXO,
Kikistyles101



2 comments :

  1. You were wise to arrive early! I got there early and was surprised at how helpful and organized Target employees were. I got the same pieces as you, and a few more. So excited! Will be featuring some of the clothing on my blog soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you were able to get what you wanted! Can't wait to see what you got. Thank you for stopping by my blog!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...